The Browser Download method uses the built-in file download features of your web browser. Downloaded files are larger compared to other download methods, may be broken into multiple file downloads, and can be uncompressed and installed only after all downloads are complete. It's your best option if you can't use the Autodesk Download Manager or if other download methods are not available or resulted in an error. The browser download method is our recommended method for downloading your Autodesk product (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Revit, Revit LT, Inventor, 3ds Max, Maya Navisworks etc.) or if you are looking for the download links for those products.
- Disabling pop-up blocker required: Installation files larger than 2 GB are divided into multiple files that will download simultaneously. You must disable your pop-up blocker before starting a Browser Download.
- Launching any downloaded file activates file extraction: If multiple .exe files download for your product, launching any one of them starts the file extraction and installation process.
- Installing on a network: Browser Download provides a complete .exe file for installation that you can use for network deployments. See Creating a deployment.
- Component installation failure: You may need to completely uninstall all previous versions before installing a new version. A message that some software components were not installed is often due to software conflicts on your computer and not because the components were not downloaded.
See Uninstall using the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter.
How to use Browser Download
For Windows systems, 32-bit or 64-bit refers to your operating system platform, which you can verify by going to Control Panel > System.
- Sign in to Autodesk Account and go to Products and Services.
- Find your product and click View downloads. For industry collections or AutoCAD including specialized toolsets, click View items to see individual product downloads.
- Select the Version, Platforms, and Language.
- Click the Browser Download button. You may need to click View All to expand the menu and select Browser Download first. Then click Start Download.
Note: For some platforms, such as Macintosh, Browser Download is the only method available.
- Start installation after your download finishes.
- Mac OS: Find the download file in the Download folder. Double-click the .dmg file to start the installation.
- Windows: The download files are located in the lower-left corner of the window (Chrome) or in the View and Track Your Downloads window (Internet Explorer). If your installation package is larger than 2 GB, you may see multiple .exe files in your download folder with similar product names. Double-click any of the .exe files to extract them to the C:\Autodesk folder. To start the installation, locate the extracted files and double-click the setup.exe file.
The message "Error: Product download consists of multiple files" indicates that your web browser's pop-up blocker prevented one or more files from downloading. Disable your pop-up blocker and start the download again.